One of the best ways to escape the winter blues is to run away to a Queensland Island, but many of them can put quite a dent in your bank balance. If you think you can’t afford it as most Queensland Island holidays are quite expensive, this might be the perfect solution.
There is a large variety of accommodation that you will certainly allow you to be able to find something to suit your budget. Magnetic Island is a large island with beautiful beaches, lots of national park space and they average 320 sunny days per year!
Located just off Townsville, you can fly in and transfer to Magnetic Island via passenger ferry in approximately 20 minutes or you can drive and use the vehicle ferry and take your car with you, which makes it easy to get around whilst you are there.
If spending your entire holiday lying under a palm tree seems a little too boring, there plenty of things to do to help fill those sunny days.
- If you like things fast paced, then a jet ski tour around the island will fit the bill.
- Enjoy a sailing adventure and enjoy the sights above and below the water.
- Hike through the natural beauty of the national park and find your own secluded beach of which there are a few and only accessible on foot.
- Try your hand at fishing or just enjoy watching the fish with a snorkel and mask.
- Hire a sailboard, canoe or aqua bike and get in some fun exercise.
- Take a trail bike for a spin.
- Enjoy some shopping time with plenty of shops from food to fashion.
- Ride a horse.
- Enjoy a variety of restaurants.
- Take a guided sea kayak and meet some of the locals, such as dolphins or turtles.
- Play a round of golf at the championship level course.
- Hire a colourful moke and take a spin with the warm tropical breeze in your hair.
With all the watery fun that you will have on Magnetic Island you will definitely need a new swimsuit or three. Fortunately we have a stockist on the island that can help fit you with beautiful new swimwear. Call in to Magnetic Touch at Harbourside Plaza, Nelly Bay.