Standing on your feet all day can certainly leaving them feeling worse for wear.
There are some easy ways to help relieve the pain and make your feet happy again.
Investing in gel inserts like these from Dr Scholl can really help your feet survive a day of standing. You can pick these up at the supermarket next time you go.
- If you wear heels to work, try taping your second and third toe together. This alters weight distribution and provides more stability which helps stop the balls of your feet from aching.
- When you sit down at the end of the day soak your feet in a bucket filled with warm water and a cup of Epsom Salt. This magnesium rich compound will be absorbed through your feet and it is very powerful relaxant for muscles and tendons.
- Fill two 600ml bottles with water to ¾ full and place them in the freezer. When you sit down to watch TV or read a book, place a towel down on the floor and place your feet on top of the bottles. Roll your feet backwards and forwards and the cold helps reduce swelling.
- Mini spikey massage balls are also very effective and you can sit at your desk or on the lounge and roll your feet across them for relief.
- Lie down on the floor with your bottom up against the wall with your legs pointing towards the roof. Stay in this position for 10 – 15 minutes gently pointing your toes or rotating your feet.
Do you have a favourite way to ease foot pain?