MANGO MAGIC SALAD
Make the most of mango season with this fabulous savory salad that is quick to make, tastes fantastic and keeps well. Chopping up a few mangoes and popping them in the freezer in snap lock bags will ensure you can make this salad again and again even when mangoes are no longer available instore. Otherwise you can buy mango chunks in the supermarket, just defrost a few before making the salad.
- 1 continental cucumber, peeled and diced
- ¼ of a small watermelon, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons of mint finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mirin (available in the Asian section of the supermarket)
- 5 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- Finely chopped Jalapeno chillies (if you dare)
- Place all the chopped produce in a large bowl
- Combine the sauces and oil in a jug and whisk to combine
- Pour the dressing over the produce and gently spoon through.