HANDY HINTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL FAKE TAN
Heading to the beach in a new bikini and snow white skin is not the best look. A tan always seems to make swimwear look so much better. Getting a tan by lying in the sun for hours is dangerous and avoiding getting sunburnt is almost impossible.
Thankfully fake tanning products have improved in quality over the years and the chances of turning a nasty shade of orange is dramatically reduced. Tanning at home is now easier than ever! A lovely tan makes you look healthier and expands the colours you can wear dramatically. Obviously spending hours lying in the sun is no longer a safe and healthy option, so mastering fake tan can be a saving grace, especially at the change of seasons.
- EXFOLIATE! – This is the most important step in getting a smooth and even fake tan. Whether you do it at home or go to your local salon, starting with super smooth skin stops the tan from sitting on the dry skin cells which will be patchy.
- USE A MIT – If you tan at home, investing a few dollars in one of the special applicator mitts that really helps to stop tan from going on stripy is a wise move. It also helps your hands from being exposed to excess product.
- MOISTURISE THE DRY BITS – Elbows, knees and heels will usually have a buildup of dry skin and will absorb much more tanning product resulting in dark patches. Apply a little moisturiser just to these zones will help keep the tan even.
- STAY DRY – All tanning products will be diluted if exposed to water. Excess showering or swimming will reduce the time your tan stays looking great.
- WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING – Depending on the product being used, it will remain damp for a while. Wear the loosest clothing possible to reduce the amount of lines that clothing will create as it absorbs the product.As the tan starts to fade, it will get patchy. A soak in a bath with Bi-carb soda added to it and use a loofah or face washer to remove all tan residue in one go.
You can have the lovely glow of summer at any time of the year thanks to fake tan. Enjoying a little time in the sun is good for you as it helps your body produce Vitamin D, a vital element in helping you feel happy! Limit your time to no more than 10 minutes. Reduce your risk of developing skin cancer by letting a bottle tan get you looking golden.